I came to web development in a round-about way. My original education was in physics, and I was lucky enough to work with the DEAP dark matter experiment for my masters at Queen’s University. While there, however, I developed a passion for coding, which eventually led me to BCIT’s Technical Web Design course and began my career in front-end development.
I’m always looking for projects that push my boundaries as developer. Open source projects are what excite me the most, particularly WordPress.
In my spare time, I enjoy writing science fiction, running long distances, and partaking of Vancouver’s growing craft beer scene.
Refer to my resume below for more information or send me a message via my contact page.
- Ruby on Rails
Front-End Web Developer, Reinvent
- Currently working on long term Rails projects including chitchats.com and venture.com
- Helped create style guide system for chitchats.com to improve design cohesion and improve turn around time
- Improved SEO performance and created content for chitchats.com/blog
Senior Front-End Web Developer, Graphically Speaking
- Managed front-end team and delegated workload
- Provides quotes for front-end tasks.
- Works with other team members to improve processes in order to achieve faster turnaround time and higher quality.
Front-End Web Developer, Graphically Speaking
- Integrated photoshop designs into a variety of CMSs, including WordPress, Shopify, Magento, and Sitefinity.
- Updated company default templates to take advantage of modern build tools including SCSS and Gulp.
Teaching Assistant, Queen’s University
- Instructed students in first year physics lab.
- Helped students work through problems themselves to deepen their understanding.
- Provided constructive marking feedback and one-on-one assistance to students.
Research Assistant, Queen’s University
- Member of Dark matter Experiment with liquid Argon using Pulse shaped discrimination (DEAP) collaboration.
- Tested radon gas filters and verified that they would reduce radioactive backgrounds in DEAP detector.
- Coded C++ programs for data analysis.
- Successfully determined preliminary correlations between radon contamination and signal background in DEAP-1 prototype.
BCIT: Technical Web Design Program
A six month intensive program covering the fundamentals of web design and development.